Monday, May 20, 2013

The Grand Adventure Begins!

I've been sitting at home for months. I am bored out of my head and I decided to start a blog.

Why have I been sitting at home for months, you may ask? It is quite a story, so sit back and relax and absorb the absurdity that is my life...

 Well, back in November 2012, my husband and I decided to take a weekend trip up to the mountains with two other couples. We were just going for one night to stay at some cabins in the woods. Our 7th wedding anniversary was that Monday and we both really love the mountains, so it was an affordable and fun way to celebrate.

We arrive and unload all of the food and general "stuff" we needed for the two day stay. It was misty/foggy as it usually is on the coast of Northern California in the winter, so we decided to take a little hike around the property and show our friends some of the sights while the wood stove warmed up the cabin.

After our hike, we returned back to the cabin to start prepping for dinner and to play one of the board games we brought along. We enjoyed some adult beverages and had a few laughs. After everyone had eaten and cleaned up, we played a few more games. So far, a pretty fun trip, right?

I decided to head out to the deck to get some fresh air before a new round of gaming commenced. We had noticed earlier that the deck was pretty wet from the mist, and there were a few slippery spots, so everyone was being very cautious when walking around. I, being the epitome of gracefulness, proceeded to slip all over that deck. While trying to catch myself, and spare my jeans the slimy moss covered fate that awaited them, I heard a loud "POP! POP!" And immediately fell to the ground. What the heck?!?

Quick self assessment time: "I'm not bruised. I didn't hit my head. My butt is very wet, and getting wetter by the second. Okay, let's get up MissyTallulah...hmm, that's strange, my left knee doesn't seem to be working at all. Crap! I bet I dislocated it or something. Okay, roll over to the deck railing and pull yourself up."

So there I was, leaning against the deck railing, trying to get my knee to function enough to limp on it, covered in mud and a variety of debris. I soon realized that there was no way my leg would be supporting my weight anytime soon, so I started to yell for my husband. He and the other two guys came running out of the cabin, helped me to bed and put an ice pack on my knee. I really thought that I might be relatively okay the next day. My husband wanted to take me to the hospital and I was trying to downplay the whole thing so that the other couples would still be able to have fun and enjoy the weekend.

Wow, this is getting really long, so I'm going to stop here and continue in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment